1. Candidate must be a participant in the Logan County Junior Fair.
2. Must be at least 16 years old & no older than 19 as of January 1st of pervious year.
3. Must be in high school or have graduated from high school.
4. Not now, or never have been married.
5. Not now, or never have been pregnant, fathered, or adoptive parent of a child.
6. No use or consumption of illegal controlled substances or alcohol.
7. Never have been convicted of criminal offense or have criminal charges pending.
8. Candidate shall never have been a previous County Fair King or Queen in any county.
9. Must be sponsored by one of the following clubs/chapter/organization: 4-H, FFA, FCCLA, Industrial Arts,Boy/Girls Scouts, and Farm Bureau Youth. Any of these may sponsor more than one candidate.
10. Be committed to the role you are chosen for one full year.
11. Shall waive liability and hold the Logan County Fair and its officials/4-H OSU Extension and its officialsharmless in the event of any injury occurring during participation
12. All candidates are required to abide by the Expectations of Fair Royalty with possible disqualifications for infractions of those duties including conducting himself/herself in an improper manner.
1. Dress appropriately – use the dress code from shows and the sale as guidelines. Your appearance is the first impression others receive, so represent the fair well by dressing aptly at all times. Modesty should take precedence. Fair officials reserve the right to ask you to change your attire.
2. Use appropriate language.
3. Be aware of social media (be careful what is posted & said).
4. Never be afraid to ask questions. Feel free to seek guidance from past Royalty, Katie Krabill, Janie Foreman,Christie Barns, or Justin Bower.
5. Include your Royalty court members. The King and Queen should attend as many activities as possible, but allow the court to help fill the void. The Prince and Princess should accompany a member of Royalty whenever they are able.
4 of 5
6. Promote your fair (think about the image you want to promote).
7. Be knowledgeable about YOUR fair (schedules, activities). Meet each day of the fair to review the schedule and discuss what happened the day before.
8. Introduce yourself to the Logan County Fair secretary and members of the Senior Fair Board. Take the initiative to be involved; attend and help at as many events as possible.
9. Visit the merchant businesses and organizations. Thank them for exhibiting and being a part of the fair.
10. Act as host/hostess to visiting Royalty.
11. Visit other fairs & remember to promote YOUR fair. It is the expectation of the Logan County Fair Board that Royalty attend as many other Ohio county fairs as reasonably possible, especially neighboring counties; Champaign, Hardin, Union, and Shelby County.
12. Make sure you’re receiving invitations to attend other fairs’ & royalty get –together.
13. The Queen has the opportunity to participate in the All Ohio Queens contest held during the Ohio FairManagers Convention in January. A personal financial commitment would be necessary.
14. Plan to participate in other Logan County events and activities such as:
The Logan County 4-H Scholarship Dinner in June
Bellefontaine Memorial Day and Christmas Parade
West Liberty Christmas and Labor Day Parade
Other Local Memorial Day Parades
15. It is expected that you will take a leadership role in conducting the Royalty Contest the year following your appointment. This includes seeking sponsorships, planning and organizing the event.